Sunday, December 28, 2008

Holy Spirit

Check out this interesting answer on Yedda


Yedda – People. Sharing. Knowledge.Whats the "rapture"?



Rocmike3,

I have received the gift of the Holy Ghost at my baptism into Christ, (as per Acts 2:38). However:

I have to take to task your statement: “The Rapture is a valid extension of Christian thought. We who have the Holy Ghost understand things much more clearly than one could understand by human intellect. Hence, Christians still receive sound reveallation daily. Just because we have the Scriptures does not discount divinely-given priceless insight.”


Not only are these statements not what the Bible teaches, they are highly dangerous. For example; often good people have been led to murder someone, feeling that the Holy Spirit was telling them to do so. More examples: just look at the horrific stories and history of the Jim Jones, and David Karesh ministries. People in modern times who claim to be prophets of God, revealing new revelations personally from God daily, are false prophets. People who follow them have been deceived by this same kind of false doctrine. Heed and hear what the Bible does teach. Following are just a few scriptures about this. which I think should cause you to adjust your thinking. If this still does not convince you that God does not continue to spew out new revelations to the modern world, through the Holy Spirit, I can lead you into an even deeper Bible study, concerning ‘authority,’ apostleship, early apostles, the Holy Spirit, miracles, the laying on of hands, speaking in tongues, and other misconstrued teachings going on in some denominational churches today. Remember, Jesus Christ is the Word (See John 1). Jesus Christ has all authority in heaven and on earth (See the great commission, at the end of the book of Matthew). The Holy Spirit has many functions, but the Holy Spirit does not add to, or change the Word of God. We will be judged by the Word of Jesus, and God’s word does not need updating. God’s Word is forever. We can stake our lives on this, --God’s unchanging Word!

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.”

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue” (2 Peter 1:3).

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” (Romans 10:17).

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.” (John 16:13). (Talking here to the early Apostles of Christ. See the end of Luke, following into the book of Acts where you can learn the truth about this. They did not have the Bible, the New Testament, God’s inspired word written down, as we have today.)

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.” (John 14:26).

Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.” (Jude 3).


“ Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine
both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.” (Titus 1:9).

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.” (Acts 17:11).

And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.” (Acts 15:7).


“: I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed
.” (Gal. 1:6-9).



“He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.


And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.
(John 12: 48-50).

“ For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are
written in this book." (Rev.22:18-19).

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but it came to me through the revelation of Jesaus Christ." (Gal.1:8-10).



Topics: , , ,

Answered by DonColeCartoons on December 28, 2008

View the entire discussion on YeddaYedda – People. Sharing. Knowledge.


No comments:

Post a Comment