Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Walter Cronkite opinionated?

Walter Cronkite was in favor?" ...."Walter Cronkite opposed...? "

Walter Cronkite was a reporter of the news. I grew up watching Walter Cronkite, and I never remember him doing anything but to report the news. It seems to me that it was the news itself; therein lies the discernment.

Maybe the Opinions writer is thinking of commentator Eric Severied. I used to watch and listen to Eric Severied, just for my own entertainment, because, no matter how hard I would try, I could not figure out --at the end-- what he had actually said, in plain english; even though his discussions were amazingly captivating!

I was highly disappointed in Walter Cronkite, in recent years, when I happened to catch him on TV, narrating and hosting a movie about evolution, showing the famous -- proven wrong-- Time-Life diagram, which falsely shows how man evolved from apes. For one thing; the 'Piltdown Man' was proven to be a hoax; besides other discrepancies. I understand that Time-Life continued to publish this illustration showing apes to man, even after the errors were pointed out, --just because it "looked good." --dc

No comments:

Post a Comment