Monday, October 8, 2007

Bible Violence

Posted: http://www.dailyrecord/, Forums, Opinion, Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:17 pm Post subject: "Bible glorifies Violence."

Two thoughts here:

(1) That person must still be waiting to be shown “a few passages that show the Bible glorifying violence and/or encouraging Christians to kill non-Christians.”

I can’t think of any. Bear in mind that the word ‘Christian’ signifies a follower of Christ. The name was first applied to the disciples at Antioch in Syria about 43 AD. (Acts 11:26). But, even in the Old Testament I fail to see violence being ‘glorified.’ It seemed to be more of a sad necessity. If God ‘glorifies’ violence; why did He go against that nature, to send and sacrifice Christ into the world, to free mankind from the laws of sin and death? Jesus Christ did not condone violence. Rather; He taught and showed us God’s love and how we should love God and one another.

(2) someone, Can you be more specific? I don’t see the ‘ironey” that you are referring to in my statements. I do appreciate your feedback. And I would enjoy the opportunity to respond, if only I knew where you are coming from.

Don Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment